FinishLynx differs from other types of results technology because it powers a full range of EtherLynx line-scan cameras to produce true fully automatic timing (F.A.T.) results accurate to 1/1000th of a second (or greater). Now that F.A.T. is required by a growing number of national and international athletic organizations (IAAF, USATF, etc.), we’ve had more and more clubs and federations from across the globe adopting FinishLynx technology.
A linescan image is comprised of a series of incredibly thin individual pictures of the finish line (and whatever happens to be crossing it), placed one after another. As more and more vertical images are pieced together side-by-side inside FinishLynx, the picture begins to take shape. Click the image for a closer look.
- Secure file system with enhanced file sharing permissions
- Control multiple cameras simultaneously, mixing monochrome and color
- Native virtual memory for continuous imaging (unlimited maximum capture time)
- User-configurable pari-mutuel specific interface with automatic beaten lengths calculation
- Real-time serial user-specified scoreboard interface for running time and results
- Manual or automatic lane identification inside FinishLynx
- Image/results printing with automatic start indication
- Intelligent continuous image zoom and rolling scrolling
- Live video mode for accurate camera alignment
- Contrast post-processing and gamma control
- Start-logging capability
- Object finder and automatic dead space elimination
- Multi-language support
- FinishLynx can import/export data directly from/to LynxPad and is also compatible with many 3rd-party database applications.