The antenna mats contain separate inductive loops for powering the tag (125 kHz) and receiving the tag response signal (6.8 MHz). The loop tuning can be affected by the presence of metallic objects nearby (like concrete slab reinforcing, water pipes or wire fences), with a resultant loss of reading range, but this effect has been minimized by an auto-tuning function within the reader. Electrical interference can also be a problem if severe, resulting in loss of reading range, and for this reason, each antenna mat has a built-in 6.8 MHz amplifier to boost the signal before transmission to the reader.
The mats are available in a blue semi-permeable fabric, called “Safe & Soft” made by AKO. 5m and 10m length connection cables are available so that different combinations of mats (up to 4 antenna mats may be used on an “Elite” reader) may be optimized in terms of cable length and routes.
- Compliant with USA, European, Australian, and RSA spectrum allocations
- Suitable for use with all IPICO Sports tags
- Durable and waterproof
- Supplied complete with carry bag
- Custom branding can be provided
- Can be used in groups of up to 8 with overlaps to ensure complete coverage of the track
- Shielded antenna loops to minimize E-field pick up from interference sources