The Passive RFID Shoe Tag from IPICO is a sturdy, low-cost timing chip that can be used with IPICO’s Elite Reader and Lite Reader Kits to provide a reliable RFID Chip Timing solution for a number of sporting events like athletics, track & field, cross country, trail running, and adventure races.
The passive, dual-frequency timing chip uses the IP-X multi-read protocol with low frequencies (125kHz power-up and 6.8MHz return signal) that can penetrate through “lossy” media without antenna detuning or high attenuation. This ensures accurate and reliable reads with high data rates (up to 128kbit/sec). Visit the IPICO site for more information.
- Passive – no battery
- Low cost single chip solution
- Chip times integrate with FinishLynx software
- High tag read rate – up to 120 tags/sec
- Factory programmed 64 bit ID number
- High tag transmission rate (128 kbits/sec)
- Compliant with USA, European, Australian, and RSA spectrum allocations
- Long read range – 0.6 m (can be more depending on reader/tag configuration)