Computer Setup and Networking Best Practices
Make sure you have the correct IP address.
- Set the static IP (192.168.0.5).
- The computer will assign the camera an IP address once it’s connected.
- First, navigate to the Control Panel.
- Open Network and Sharing Center then select Change Adapter Settings.
- Right-click Wireless Network and click Disable.
Disable Power Saving function
Camera is Not Connecting to FinishLynx
If you’ve followed the above steps but your IdentiLynx camera is not connecting to FinishLynx, you can follow these next steps.
Next, make sure your connections are good and all of your equipment is working perfectly. Double-check the Ethernet cables.
- Switch out the Ethernet cables (these cables can go bad, especially when used often).
- Switch the Ports on the PoE switch.
- Plug directly into the computer.
After doing this, you can narrow down the possible problems that might be causing connectivity issues.
Error Codes and Solutions
Failed Contact Address
|Disable Wireless (See Step 2 under Computer Setup and Networking above)|
Make sure you are running the correct version of FinishLynx. To see what version you are running, open FinishLynx. Click Help | About…
You can download the latest version of the software on our website: http://www.finishlynx.com/product/software/finishlynx-results-software/
Bad Set IP Address
Check and make sure the IP address is correct.
Right-click the FinishLynx icon and select Run as Administrator.
Need a refresher? Check out the IdentiLynx setup video below: