“Capture button serial port unavailable; keyboard capture will be used.”
This common error message appears when starting your FinishLynx software. There are two scenarios which would cause this message to occur:
- You’re using Auto Capture and do not use the Capture Button. In this case, no further action is required. Simply click Ok and proceed with running your meet. The Capture Button Serial Port doesn’t need to be assigned as no Capture Button is being used.
- You are using the capture button (either alone or in conjunction with Auto Capture). The message appears because the Capture Button has not been assigned to a COM port on the computer.
- Check that the USB to serial adapter is recognized by the computer in the Windows Device Manager with a COM port listed. **
- Proceed to File | Options in FinishLynx and locate the Capture Button dropdown.
- Select the Com port and click Ok.
- Also check that the camera is set to manual capture in the Camera 1 | Options | Capture | Capture Method within FinishLynx.
**If the USB to serial device is not recognized by the computer, you will need to install the drivers.
Contact tech support with additional questions.